Please comment on our updated Conservation Area Appraisals
The Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Service is consulting on five Draft Conservation Area Appraisals from Monday 18 January to Monday 15 February and welcomes comments from the public as well as interested groups.
Conservation Areas are areas of special architectural or historic interest, the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve or enhance. They have Conservation Area Appraisals which give recommendations for their conservation and enhancement, and we periodically review these to ensure they continue to reflect circumstances on the ground.
We have published five draft Appraisals for informal consultation, for the following Conservation Areas:
The Draft Appraisals and links to the online surveys for public comment and feedback are available on the Conservation Area Appraisal Consultations webpage. There is no statutory requirement to consult with local communities or stakeholders, but we consider it important to hear a range of views on the draft appraisals before they are finalised.
The main changes to the Conservation Areas proposed are:
There are no proposed amendments to the Conservation Area boundary - update of the Appraisal and Management Plan only.
Proposed removal from the Conservation Area boundary: Northfield and The Chantry, and No.11 Church Lane.
Proposed removal from the Conservation Area boundary: the modern CPC1, CPC2, CPC3 and CPC4 office buildings, and the accompanying car parking areas.
Proposed removal from the Conservation Area of 12 parcels of land.
- Most of the land parcels are very small.
- The largest areas proposed for removal are in Norgett’s Lane and off Moat Lane, opposite Old Foundry Close.
- Smaller areas include the land in front of Star Mews, and 6-8 The Lawns Close.
Proposed inclusion in the Conservation Area of 27 new parcels of land.
- The largest areas proposed for inclusion are in Mortlock Road, Mortlock Close and Mortlock Mews, including the Primary School and the Baptist Church, and at the north end of Station Road.
- Important proposed additions include the rear of 100-110 High Street, to the rear of Falconer Court, in Rose Lane, around Lantern View, including the burial ground and the Black Horse pub, and off both sides of New Road near Pryor’s Orchard.
Proposed removal from the Conservation Area boundary: Nos.1 and 2a Dukes Meadow, Nos. 7, 9,11 and 13 Gog Magog Way, No.23 Church Street and No.5 Finch’s Close.
18 January 2021
Was this web page helpful?